Content of Figures
- Figure 1 Country of operation
- Figure 2 SAP applications - level of adoption
- Figure 3 The majority of companies have commenced their Cloud journey
- Figure 4 Mixed timetable for those yet to start their cloud migration
- Figure 5 Wide interest in the SAP portfolio
- Figure 6 Access control focused on SAP GRC, with manual support processes
- Figure 7 Good support for fine-grained access control to SAP ERP
- Figure 8 Policies for access control still primarily managed by IT
- Figure 9 High level of support for SoD
- Figure 10 High level of support for SAP application governance
- Figure 11 Governance reporting is still labour intensive
- Figure 12 Significant level of concern regarding integrity of governance reporting
- Figure 13 Few SAP users have high confidence in their governance processes and reporting
- Figure 14 Mixed appreciation for cross-application risk
- Figure 15 High level of appreciation for a comprehensive governance solution
- Figure 16 Desired characteristics in a governance solution
Commissioned by Sailpoint
Identity Governance and Administration (IGA), comprising user lifecycle management and access governance is an imperative for organisations. The goal ...Login Get full Access
2 Survey Methodology
Fifteen questions were prepared focussing on identifying the propensity for SAP customers to migrate their ERP environments to cloud infrastructure an ...Login Get full Access
3 The Australia-New Zealand scenario
While SAP publish a ‘simple roadmap’ for their customers to migrate their ERP environment to the cloud and they maintain that a large proportion o ...Login Get full Access
3.1 SAP Environment
The survey was restricted to SAP users in Australia and New Zealand. As expected, the geographical distribution of respondents reflected a larger repr ...
Journey to the Cloud
When asked about their ‘journey to the cloud’ more than half of the respondents indicated that they had commenced the move. ...
Timeframe to the cloud
Respondents were asked about their organisation’s plans for migration to cloud services. Nearly 40% are currently actively ...
There are likely several reasons for this. Moving to cloud services requires competent staff with the ability to manage and protect services in the cl ...
In second place was Concur for financial management, followed by S/4HANA by those organisations that have commenced migration of their core SAP functi ...Login Get full Access
3.2 Access Control
Access control is the prime reason to engage in identity and access management and the survey confirmed the interest of SAP customers in identity and ...
Access Control Granularity
Within the SAP environment there is a need to utilise a high degree of authorisation to ensure a least-privileges approac ...
We can conclude that most SAP customers are using manual processes to set entitlements to ERP functionality and are not relying on a corporate identit ...Login Get full Access
3.3 Governance and Compliance
While governance is often an afterthought when it comes to identity and access management, it is gratifying to see survey respondents demonstrating a ...
At the core of identity governance is the concept of managing risk. Respondents were asked to indicate the priority they place on un ...
Respondents were asked to indicate the amount of time spent in governance reporting. It is noted that many SAP environments utilis ...
Manual Reporting Integrity
One of the main concerns with a high degree of manual intervention reported in governance processes, is the level of inte ...
Confidence in Governance Processes
A follow-up question probed the level of confidence respondents held in their governance processes and associated ...
Strengthening identity governance, and improving compliance is the single most important component to raising a company’s security posture.
It is important that companies have confidence in their governance solutions and that a high level of transparency exists in the collection and report ...
GRC Tool Deployment
Finally, respondents were asked to indicate the most important attributes for a GRC tool. In terms of priority, the completeness ...Login Get full Access
The survey has substantiated that companies in the ANZ region are lagging in the migration of their ERP solutions to cloud infrastructure. A typical S ...Login Get full Access