Content of Figures
- Figure 1 Overview: Leveraging KuppingerCole advice for individual target architectures
- Figure 2 The KuppingerCole IAM / IAG Reference Architecture
- Figure 3 IAM / IAG Reference Architecture – Core building blocks
- Figure 4 IAM / IAG Reference Architecture – Extended IAM building blocks
- Figure 5 IAM / IAG Reference Architecture – IAM-related building blocks
- Figure 6 Logical view of the Identity Fabric: A distributed, yet standardized approach for managing all identities
- Figure 7 The Identity Fabric - Connecting every user to any service
- Figure 8 Service Layers for abstracting backend services and applications leveraging an identity API layer
- Figure 9 Illustration of microservices as part of an orchestrated architectural design in different deployment models
- Figure 10 Illustration of the isolation and integration of identities, applications and data
- Figure 11 Apply portfolio management methods to rate your current and future Cybersecurity tool portfolio
- Figure 12 Connecting legacy capabilities with new digital services
As we are approaching the 2020s, Identity and Access Management (IAM) has already been implemented and deployed in many companies for decades. The man ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
2 Towards future proof IAM architectures
The central starting point for the design of an individual IAM architecture is, of course, the identification of individual, organization-related requ ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
3 Foundation: The KuppingerCole IAM/IAG Reference Architecture
The KuppingerCole IAM/IAG Reference Architecture provides a comprehensive and evolving foundation for deriving and implementing standardized, yet adeq ...
The building blocks are categorized as
- indispensable (Core IAM),
- complementary (Extended IAM) and
- peripheral (IAM related IT),
which a ...
Extended IAM components include:
IAM-related components include:Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
4 Identity Fabric - Connecting everyone to every service
You don't have to go back far in time to get to a rather limited number of access paths between users and IT systems: Employees used systems within th ...
Those days are gone, and we have to adapt are IT and our IAM accordingly: Enterprises have evolved since then and so has the way we leverage digital b ...
Digital Identities are moving to the center of attention in this transformation. The assumption that previously independent identities (employees, cus ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
5 Facilitating the Identity Fabric: Functional, logical and operational partitioning
Due to the rapidly growing spread of cloud and mobile computing, companies are becoming increasingly networked with each other. The very idea of an ou ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
5.1 Identity as a Set of Services: Service Orientation
Real-world IAM architectures consist of technical components that implement services whose functionality is based on the building blocks described in ...
This robust and versatile layer concept allows to ensure secure consistent back-end services, independent of where they are actually provided within a ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
5.2 Agile, fine-grained and isolated delivery: Microservices and containers
Identity Fabrics are designed to integrate these services regardless of where they are provided, i.e. anywhere between on-premises, hybrid, public or ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
5.3 Separating identities, applications and data: Logical boundaries and governance
The path to the Identity Fabric requires changes in the way applications deal with identities and data as the processed payload, at the latest in the ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
6 Deriving individual, tailor-made target IAM architectures
Considering the effort and the role for the entire company, an IAM in the role and characteristics described up to now can no longer be compared with ...
Portfolio management methods have proven effective in identifying appropriate building blocks for solutions. You can use them to evaluate alternative ...
The immediate benefit is obvious: The transformation into an Identity Fabric has the particular goal of enabling the accelerated implementation of mis ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access
This IAM blueprint enables businesses to rapidly deliver to the need of new digital services, while gradually integrating with the legacy IAM. The way ...Login Free 30-day Select Access Get full Access